11.27.2005

long time no care

I've been saving up all sorts of things to share with whoever reads this. So here they are in vaguely chronological order.





This is one of the best music videos I've ever seen. I love the stylistic method more than the particular content, and I really prefer the non-acoustic version of Radiohead's 'Creep', but this is still definitely worth watching.




Basically, this is really fucking stupid. Diamond-coated wheels for your car. Right. Million-dollar wheels. Ridiculous. So ridiculous that if you buy the wheels they'll toss in 'for free' a $200,000 Bentley to attach them to. Fucking stupid. They even look dumb. I hope that somebody buys them and gets ambushed when stuck in traffic by hoodlums who put the car up on jacks, remove the wheels, and run. A good team of four could probably do it in under 90 seconds, right?




Here's a thoughtful slide show / essay about Calvin & Hobbes. I recommend it.




This one's for Rob - a couple of nuts people have built a 'sleeping cabin' shaped like a zeppelin. Crazies.




Keyboard Independent Touch Typing Technology.




A type of lemur has been named after John Cleese. Aww...


I miss snowboarding... and I like bamboo... so I find these rather attractive.




A team at Stanford seems to be figuring out how to take refocusable photos... Y'know, take a photo, then be able to dramatically refocus it after having taken it. I don't really understand how, but it's damned impressive.


Well well well...
I didn't really plan on using a $20,000 laser cutter on my 17" Powerbook to etch a 19th-century engraving of a tarsier, a nocturnal mammal related to the lemur, but it seemed like it had to done.





That's all for now...

No comments: