12.03.2005

strange things this world shall witness

The Canadians want to talk to aliens. Politely, no doubt. Eh?


Artist Ron Mueck is a hyper-realist. As far as I can tell, this means he has the rather astonishing capability to make sculpture that looks very, very real. Here are some examples...



...Glowing Places...
... an interesting design installation created by philips. designed as an investigation into people's interaction with light in public spaces, glowing places resulted in plastic seating, embedded with LED strips and sensors. these sensors measure the presence of people over time and both the number of people sitting and the length of time they stay create a 'social interactive pattern' that is translated by patented software into lighting effects in the furniture.

Philips. How fascinating.


How do I put this tactfully? Schmaltz Brewing has just released the third variety of He'brew: The Chosen Beer, dubbed Jewbelation 5766, to complement Genesis Ale and Messiah Bold.
Sweet Jesus Tapdancing Christ. I don't know what to make of this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's creepy to think that's a sculpture...the guy not only looks real but you can see the points on his feet where the blood is away from pressure....creepy. I also think its funny how you put up the He'brew thing when I happen to be learning about Judaism right now...interesting