3.23.2007

rating one's music

This is just a thing, a minor thing. Evan and I were talking about the rating of things, and I got to thinking about how many songs are rated what within my music library, and what the distribution of ratings looks like (and what that therefore may say about my musical taste and such). Well, I quicked counted up how many songs were rated how many stars, including the number that are without a rating, and then started trying to figure out a good way to graphically represent the data. This is what I've come up with so far, and though there's something cooler in my mind, I don't know if I'll take the time to produce it. Does anybody else think this sort of thing is interesting? Empirical sociological analysis based on evidence of organizational habits, behavioral patterns, and subjective musical taste? Anyone?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

With 6,633 songs, I question how "quickly" that counting went. Unless I you're just not telling me about the robot you created to create a star-counting software program that also makes the best damn hash browns this side of the Mississip'.

Anonymous said...

and I see that Chance figured out your robot.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.